Monday 23 January 2017

Draft Front Cover

This is my final draft cover. There isn't much more I think I can add. It is very different to the earlier draft as I needed a way to make everything fit on the page neatly and for different parts of the magazine to stand out. I placed the masthead at the top of the page because, looking at other magazine covers, that is where they are usually placed. This may be because when magazines are lined up on a shelf, the bottom of the magazine is covered up so it would make sense that the masthead is visible at the top. Continuing, also for the masthead, I used a font that I thought went well with a rock magazine. It wasn't a font style that I included in the questionnaire but then the fonts I did include in the questionnaire probably wouldn't have suited a rock magazine. The colour scheme is slightly different to what I had in mind at the start of making my magazine cover. I wanted to use a black and white colour scheme with maybe a little bit of blue as these were the colours suggested by the questionnaire results. But then I realised, it would have been hard to make things stand out by using these colours. Instead I used a red and yellow colour scheme to make the cover lines stand out but still used a kind of black and white colour scheme with the background and the picture. Also, regarding the picture, I chose to stand in a pose that made the model look quite hard and manly, I tried to do this by standing with my arms crossed to show this but it could also come across as me looking like I don't care at all. Finally, for the puff and some of the cover line descriptions. In the puff, I made the words "free" and "special" bold and in some of the cover line descriptions I made the words "best", "exclusive", "latest", "many" and "hot" bold so that they stand out more to the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment