Monday 17 October 2016

Mock School Magazine Design

This is the part of the preliminary task where I had to create a mock cover of a school magazine cover. I have included a logo, a masthead, a tagline, puffs, a pug, a bar-code, a price and some images.

I am planning to include the following features and articles:
- In the tagline, I will  include either the "50th anniversary edition" the school phrase, "Christ at the centre of living and learning".
- I also want the pug to say the edition number, for example, "issue number 8".
- The puffs will include little messages about what is in the magazine or any additional features.

The pictures that I want to Include are:
- Pictures of the school field because there is a new 3G pitch being built soon. If I put text next to or near this photo, I will go into details about the new pitch, like construction time and what it will be used for.
- For the cover image, I want to include a picture either of myself or someone else looking happy and proud while holding their GCSE results sheet. I know that not everybody achieved the results they would have liked, but I want the article/theme to be positive and not focus on the negative aspects. This image will be a mid-shot and I will try and make sure there will be bright lighting behind the model.
- I would also like to take a picture relatively sport/football related because I want to include the school football team scores and results.
- I want school related pictures because it will further emphasise that all the topics are about school and that it is a school magazine.
- I may also use another student to look like they are teaching or doing a science experiment. I would do this because since the emphasis is on school and it is a school magazine, the whole point of school is to learn and gain an education. I think this is a good way of representing learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment